Every Day In May: Day 20 - An Average Day Of Work (For Josh).

12:10 PM crk 0 Comments

But written by Chrysta.

Josh usually wakes up anywhere around 5 to 6 AM depending on the day he has ahead of him. When he wakes up, he's off to do bathroom duties. After his bathroom duties, he gathers all of the things he has to take to work with him (phones, keys, wallet, sunglasses) and sets them on the side of the bed and then he gets dressed for the day. After he kisses Raleigh and me goodbye, he's off to work.

His commute to work is anywhere from 45 to 50 minutes depending on traffic and what lights he catches. When he arrives at work, he disarms the alarm, clock in, grabs the paperwork and the handheld, and from there he decides what he's going to load on the truck for delivery. His occupation is a delivery route driver, he delivers ICEE's. If you don't know what ICEE's are, they are a frozen carbonated beverage. You may know them as Artic Blasts, Frostee, or something of the sort.

After he's figured out what he needs to load on the truck, he then grabs the forklift and loads what needs to be loaded. Right now, he's training a new guy, so they've been working together on loading the truck. After the truck is loaded, they are off to their route. The average route has about 12 stops on it. His shortest route has 7 stops and his longest route has 22 stops.

When is at a stop, he pulls the paper work for that specific stop, goes into the store, greets the person in the front and then he's on the way to the back. When he's in the back, he's calculates how much of what they need to have and then him and his coworker is back to the truck to load the merchandise onto the dolly. He checks in with the person in the front and they make sure he has what's on the list. They sign the handheld, get a receipt from a portable printer, and then Josh and his coworker is off to stock it.

After they're done stocking it, they talk the dolly, handheld, and printer back to the truck and they're off to the next stop. They do this as many times as they have stops and then they're on their way back to the stop. When they arrive at the stop, the paper work has to be done. He takes all the receipt, paper work, and money from the stops, puts them in a bag, and he's off to the bank.

After the bank, he's on the way home! When he gets home, we shower, eat, watch tv (sometimes in that order, sometimes not) and then we're off to bed!

Eventful day!

I'm really happy that I have such a hard working man that is willing to work to support us. I love that he makes enough to be able to support Raleigh and me (and my mom, but that's another story) so I can stay at home. I know I've mentioned this in a previous post, but really - I'm so very proud of him. Sometimes, I would really like a job. But I'd want one at night when Raleigh is asleep, but I think about her waking up and wanting me and me not being there. I just want money to blow, really. We already know that we can live plus some on Josh's income, so my income would 100% be for whatever we wanted that we may or may not have actually "needed." I just don't know if that outweighs Raleigh needing me at night. If I don't get a job before Raleigh starts school, then I'm definitely going to have one then. I'll just have to find a job that will be flexible enough for me to take off work if Raleigh is ever sick, I know it will happen.

0 comments: