More Nostalgia!

8:38 PM crk 0 Comments

I figured since I had a tiny bit of nostalgia in my last post, I would make a post specifically for it!

Let's get started!



Here's the one from my previous post!
You can't deny that you LOVED seeing this when you logged into MySpace!
Do you guys remember 'pc4pc' and 'w4w' and whoretrains?
Who am I kidding?! Who doesn't remember those?



And more importantly, what about the Top 8?! How many of your friends did you end up making mad because they weren't in yours?! And then they ended up making it where you could have just 1 top friend if you wanted to! So if you had a significant other at the time, your friends couldn't get mad at you because of course your other was going to be your one and only top!
Oh, how the number of MySpace friends determined your popularity!



We can't forget the whole reason that you were able to get on the internet in the first place. Did anyone else sing the sound while it was loading? Oh, no? Yeah, me either! ;)
Click here if you want to relive that beautiful sound!



OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?!
Oh, if there is something I miss about the "old" internet days,
It's definitely this!
We can't forget about the g2g, a/s/l, or roflcopter and many more! Haha!
Or how about those awful screen names? I just thought mine were so cool at the time.
-awesomecutie4u12-
-screamingphotoop- *thanks to P!ATD*
-warriorsbyweekend- *thanks to The Academy Is...*
-suicidalengage- *thanks to Suicidal Tendencies and Killswitch Engage*
Eventually I just made it plain and simple! ~ my name! -chrystarene-



And trying (succeeding) to think of a witty away message for all of yours friends to see!
And what about having to tell your friends 'brb' or 'g2g' because someone in the house had to use the landline?! I definitely do not miss that!
Do y'all remember how you could put in someone screen name with an explanation point at the end to bring up a new IM box because pictures were SO SLOW to send to them?!
And picking out the perfect icon for you!



MSN Messenger wasn't as popular as AOL Instant Messenger,
but I think it belongs on here, too! (L)



And if you wanted to log into any of these at school, you went to meebo.com! Or there was also the AIM Express Beta that you could bring up!



I never had LiveJournal, but I definitely had Xanga!
It's not everyday that it still gets brought up, but it definitely does.
(And Vampire Freaks, but we're not going to get into that.)
and moving on...!



Now I'm not sure if too many people remember this?! But this is BuddyPic!



I'm not promoting illegally downloading music here, but you can't forget about limewire! And downloading something that just didn't turn out to be anything the song you thought you were downloading. *cough* I did not have sex with Monica Lewinsky. *cough*



I'm not sure if too sure if so many people got into Polly Pocket, but I know I did! My grandparents had a HUGE container with all of the Polly Pockets in it! And even a map!



I'm going to go ahead and call this nostalgia. This is one of the best shows that Disney had before Disney went downhill. Not only is Lizzie McQuire a part of my childhood, but Hillary Duff, the actress who played her, is as well! Who still remembers all the words to "So Yesterday"?



I'm not sure if anyone else got into this website like I did. It was my go-to website when I would first get online. It was before I had MySpace, so there really wasn't anything else I would be doing online, so I filled up my time with online games!



This is Habbo Hotel. I really don't know if anyone else played it, but I definitely did! I am also going to check it out later to see if it's anything like it use to be!



"Badger, badger, badger, badger."
I was really contemplating on typing out all of the lyrics, but if you know what this is, chances are it's stuck in your head and you're singing it right now. If so, I'm sorry! I don't know how many times we heard this in my household. I just know it was too many times. As much as I would like to, I don't think I'll ever be able to forget about it.



If you know the Badger, you might know the Evil Strawberry. And that horrid scream that was in the video! It had my ears ringing afterwards. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure these originated on Albino Black Sheep.


Not pictured but can still spark up the nostalgia!:
Yahoo Chat Rooms anyone?!
Or Angel Fire
Bearshare!
Napster!
Changing your cursor on your website!
and having the little glitter fall down throughout your page.
Nickelodeon Slime!
Space Jam!

Some of these are actually still around, but not anything like they use to be. And some are exactly what they use to be and you wonder if anyone has updated the site in the last ten years or so. Hopefully y'all enjoyed this post! Be sure to give me a follow. I'm also >here on bloglovin.<



LINKS:
myspace//dial up sound//aol instant messenger//msn//meebo//xanga//livejournal//vampire freaks//BuddyPic//limewire//polly pocket//dressupgames//habbo hotel//badgers//evil strawberry//albino black sheep//angelfire//bearshare//napster//spacejam//nick

Some of the links might not take you right where the original came from, but I tried to get as close as I could and tried to find as many as I could as well!
What represents nostalgia to you?

bdfx

Images provided by a simple google search.