February Favorites

1:01 PM crk 0 Comments

Hey Guys and Gals, Friends and Pals!
Overall this month has been pretty good! 

Our daughter is growing more and more and learning something new every day. She started actually crawling this month rather than just lunging herself forward. By the end of this month, she really perfected her crawl. She has been pulling herself up on everything and it's not going to be long until she's just going to get up and walk! It's so weird to think that we're going to have a little human running around and getting into everything soon! But I honestly can't wait.
We're getting a LITTLE BIT CLOSER with the process of buying a home. There's so many little things that just kept popping up that's preventing us from going any further than we are now, but we're getting there! I'm really starting to jump the belt and looking at homes online before anything is set in stone. It makes it really upsetting when I look at the same home the next week and it's pending an offer. Everything will work out in the end though. I believe that everything happens for a reason.
Picturing the future decor of the house comes along with looking at homes. I'm trying to think of a theme for the house that can easily be changed when and if we want it to. I'm thinking the same color of light to medium grey in every room with a different color pop in each room. For example, my ideas are grey in the bathroom with a color pop of blue and grey in the kitchen with a color pop of yellow. I'm thinking (and hoping) that this will be pleasing to the eye and help the 'flow' of the house. What do you think?

In this month alone, I've gotten a couple of my new favorite things:
a new phone and a new camera!

My husband and I recently switched over from AT&T to Verizon and so we got new phones as well! I've always been more of an Apple phone and an android tablet kind of person, so that's what I did. I got the iPhone 6+ in space grey and an Ellipsis 8 tablet that came free with any LTE smart phone. My husband has been more of an android phone and I'm not too sure about tablet, but he got the same thing that I did. He's not too sure if he's going to stick with the iPhone, but so far he seems to be adapting pretty well to it.



I also recently sold my Canon EOS Rebel XS and upgraded to a Canon EOS Rebel T5i. This is surely making it's way to the top of my favorite materialistic things. I have a lot to learn about all the settings and things (if I only I remember what I learned in my photography class!), but I really love that I can capture memorable moments and not have to rely solely on my mind to remember things. I wish that I could print out old memories that weren't captured by photo or video. If only, right? Even then, photos or videos wouldn't be able to do just plain old memories justice.


My 1997 Volkswagen Golf!
This isn't the actual picture of my car, but it looks almost exactly like it except mine has a (n ugly) yellow pinstripe going from the headlight to the taillight and has the stock wheels on it. It may be old but I am so in love with it. My husband and I drove to Austin to get it. That was exciting and scary at the same time because that was the first time that I drove his car alone. It was at least a four hour drive. He has (had. long story) a 1995 Volkswagen Passat. They're both manual transmission and so that was the most scary part of the drive since I had only just started to learn how to drive those. After driving manual, I will never go back to automatic! Okay, maybe I will, but it will have to be a car that I am IN LOVE with. 


My favorite animal is deer! When I was in school, it was horses, but it's definitely deer now. I've had some kind of connection with them and it's grown higher than the once love I had for horses. (Or hores if you have ever read my poetry book from elementary!) Deer have such a spiritual sense to them. They just seem like they would be so gentle and graceful if any calming person would come up to them. It's unfortunate that they are killed in the wild. It's unfortunate that any animal is, but I favor them the most.


The Oregon Ducks are definitely a favorite. I couldn't find a decent team picture, so Puddles (the mascot) will have to do! I'm not really a sports fan. I watch College Football more than any other sport, but I don't pay attention to pretty much any other team like I do The Ducks! I'm really excited for the upcoming season although the previous one just ended. Maybe time will pass by fast!





There's no way I could have ended this most without adding in my most favorites!
Our little family.
This picture was taken around/on Thanksgiving of 2014. I try to stay away from being in front of the camera and try to get more behind the camera. My family and holidays are an exception. I'm wanting to start the tradition of having pictures of us every year on all of the major holidays. It will be nice to be down the road and see the transformation that we all make.

images provided by google if not my own.