~

10:19 PM crk 0 Comments

I go to a weekly "class" type thing called where a lot of people with troubles just go to talk, hang out, or just get out of the house for a little bit.

In the beginning they talk about how they don't care what your sexual orientation is, what your religion views are, and just stuff like that. Then, when I ask for advice, all they do is shove god down my throat and say "just pray to god, he will show you the way."

Okay, before someone gets all huffy-puffy - I believe in god. I am not a christian and I do not claim to be a christian. I believe that there is a higher power, but who is to say that the higher power I see is the same one you see? I'm not just completely inexperienced with god and religion, it just didn't work out for me. I don't think that me praying that my dog has a broken leg is going to heal his leg any faster than what a cast would do. I guess until I see something life changing, my thoughts are going to stay the same as they are now.

Okay, well, to get to the point.. hearing "just pray to god" wasn't really the advice I was looking for. I haven't prayed to him in so long that even if I did he would just push it off. It's like going to a family member and talking to them only when you want money or something. It's not right to do and I wouldn't go to someone only when I needed something.

I guess I'm just sitting in a hole playing tug-of-war with myself. I don't know what to do, but I guess that I'm just going to have to figure that out by myself.