Anywhere April

9:00 PM crk 0 Comments

If I could go anywhere, it would be Oregon. My husband grew up here so I hear a lot of stories about it and probably fall in love each time. 





I just want Oregon and all of it's glory. I have yet to be able to travel there. If things go as planned, we should be there by the end of this year to visit. I'm a little bit scared because I feel like I will fall in love with it and never want to come back home. I haven't seen anything outside of Texas. I went to Oklahoma when I was too young to even remember and I made a trip to Virginia and back without ever getting out of the car except for the necessities. I was back within the weekend. If you're too scared to fall in love with Oregon, definitely look away now!




This is Multnomah Falls. It's at the tip top of Oregon very close to the Oregon/Washington border. (The red on the picture.) I could only imagine that Multnomah Falls is much, much prettier in person than it is looking at it through a computer screen. I could probably stay there the entire time just listening to the water fall. Shoot, I've probably spent way too long just looking at picture of it online! The numerous amount of people there to see the same thing that I would be there to see would be a bummer on the mediation/peacefulness part of the whole waterfall. I can't really complain about that because who wouldn't want to see this beautiful piece of nature?! Maybe I'm making a big deal about this, but where I'm from, there is nothing that could quite possibly compare to this.








This is Mount Hood. It's not that far from Multnomah falls. In fact, they're in the same forest! It's the (I bet you can guess the name) Mount Hood National Forest! I'm not too sure if this picture is edited or not, but it is absolutely beautiful either way. People in Texas claim to have mountains in their state, but let me remind y'all, we do not. I must say that I am jealous of anyone who gets to see this on a daily basis. The closest we have to mountains are hills!


This is Crater Lake. It's down in the South part of Oregon. It's just a really beautiful sight to see and I thought that it deserved to be in this post that turned out to be all about Oregon. Oops! Who can blame me? Oregon is beautiful! >Here< is an awesome link of how Crater lake came to be! Basically what happened was that Mount Mazama grew, collapsed and fell, and had snow and water fill in it over the years to create Crater Lake. 


It's not possible! More cool things about Oregon! I'm sorry in advance for the posts that I will be posting when I actually get to visit there! What you see in the map to the left is some Oregon Hot Springs! Hot Springs are basically nature's natural hot tub. The only other time I've heard about Hot Springs is a town relatively close to me called Hot Springs in Arkansas. I haven't gone and checked it out, but I'm beginning to think I should. It would really make this snowy, cold Texas weather a little bit better.



Although I do like the cold a little bit more than I like the heat, I would really like to have some warmth or snow that doesn't defrost in a day and just leave a big slush of mud. We had snow in Texas at the end of February and first off: WHY?! Snow?! In Texas? Is Texas forgetting something here? We never have snow! I guess I can always pack more clothes and blankets on in the cold, but I can only take off so many things in the heat. Hot Springs just looks so calming and I can't even imagine the relaxation I could experience there.



This particular lodge is Bagby Hot Springs. It's a bathhouse that uses the flow of the natural water to fill up the cedar barrells by the wooden pipes. Bagby Hot Springs is completely secluded. You have to hike a mile and a half to even get to it. It's a very small fee depending on if you want to soak, have a single camp site, or a double camp site at the Bagby Campground. However, is it free to park at the Bagby Trailhead! 








This is Autzen Stadium. It was named after Thomas John Autzen and built shortly after his death. Ironically enough, Autzen was an alumni of Oregon State University; The University of Oregon's rival!! I don't know if that tickles your funny bone like it does mine, but I sure had a giggle when I first found out. It would be really cool to visit here when I go to Oregon and it would be even more cool to attend a civil war here or really just any game!  




Images provided by google.